SQL*Textretrieval...Help

From: Paul Berger <pberger_at_nic.hookup.net>
Date: 24 Feb 1994 11:10:59 -0500

I'd like to find out a little bit more about Oracle's SQL*Textretrieval product. I would appreciate hearing from anybody that has had any experience with the product or perhaps from Oracle themselves. Thanks in advance! My questions follow:

What is the current release of the product?

Does it work with Oracle's CDE (GUI based, desktop) tools...specifically SQL*Forms 4.0?

Does it run against an Oracle7 database?

Can OEM third party tools such as Pagemaker easily interface with this product?

How difficult are the routines, (the API), to understand and use effectively? Writing code in 'C' or creating extensive user exits doesn't sound that appealing. It takes a tremendous amount of time to get going and to deploy. (Comments please.)

Thanks for your feedback.

Please e-mail me at pberger_at_nic.hookup.net or back to this newsgroup. PB

Berger Software                                                                        PAGE 1

	v ˆ } € É € åCm|~· f¸  å   ^ GŒ z/^9ª  zˆe~
CVCm|   ~;úýÉ`ÝCm| åãCm}gÝ.þ Z- n|ø  |ø    ^ÿ å^ ü4 #  ðÌ`aäø ÷ ÷ ðp~&ø	_à VȪ÷	÷ âÑ£_â Vȝ ÷	ùÓQn|ø	^þ_„ §{ux,CYσ CZÐ~ .ó ÷ ð›ø€ æ < = A B C D J L V û÷û÷û÷ï
€ ‚ „ x z § ©     . 0  ƒ | ~ ™ › â æ F H J L ûûöûûûñûûûñûöûûûìûçììû ò   À!Ê  À!Ê  À!Ê  "ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ border internet0ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ B 	 ÿ B 	 8ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
 Ð ÿ  &	 '	 (	 )	    òóõÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÞ  ÞÌ  L Ì
 ÿÿ bh€ V  € L  V  CG Times (WN)	  Symbol "Univers (WN)
 Tms Rmn  Times New Roman
1CourierV[]h ! ÿ  € Z Z 	€€Z H "    Ð h ¹Ââ…¹Ââ…  M #8 ‚"G:\WINDOWS\WORD\STUFF\INTERNET.DOT7A question about SqL*Textretrieval out to the Internet. Paul Berger Paul Berger