Oracle7 auditing tools

From: Alan Beal <alanb_at_vnet.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 18:03:44 EST

I am looking for tools that are designed to work with the audit capabilities of Oracle7. I know Oracle7 can audit to the OS audit trail or to a table, and I know Oracle query tools can be used to access the audit table. But has anyone written software that provides reports of the audit trail, maintains the audit trail (pruning, history, etc), or provides alert capabilities? If the audit trail is set to go to the OS, what tools are available to support this function? I would like to hear of anyone's experience with the Oracle auditing.

Alan Beal         alanb_at_vnet.ibm.com
                  (607)751-2026