ORACLE 6/7 ODBC Access

From: <ditommm_at_aa.wl.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 14:09:05 EST

I am able to connect to ORACLE (VAX/VMS v.7) using SQL*Net for Windows and NetManage Chameleon TCP/IP for Windows by way of ODBC, HOWEVER - it is unbelievably slow! Is ODBC/ORACLE worthless? I was hoping to develop Visual Basic applications that access corporate ORACLE databases. Also, I cannot access ORACLE v.6 only ORACLE v.7 - v6 connect attempts fail giving error ORA-6105??? The ORACLE ODBC driver that I am using is the one that comes with MS Access - is there a better on somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Matteo diTommaso                       |
ditommm_at_aa.wl.com                      |
(313) 996-7148                         |   This space for rent.
Full disclaimer available via e-mail! | Received on Tue Feb 22 1994 - 20:09:05 CET

Original text of this message