3rd party ORACLE training

From: Dan Glasstetter <glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 1994 08:38:11

Sorry if this is a repost, we've had some trouble posting...

I am currently evaluating training options for Oracle Forms 4.0/Reports 2.0. I have attended Oracle Corporation classes in the past and know that they are worthwhile (but expensive). Recently, I have gathered information from several 3rd party trainers and found that the costs are significantly less (in most cases). However, I am concerned with the quality of training that these companies provide (especially on such new products). I have recieved the color glossies that their marketing departments put out, and of course they all contain rave reviews.

My questions to netland :

Has anyone been trained by any of these companies ?

	Aris Corporation    		Seattle, WA
	Milcom Systems Corporation 	Virginia Beach, VA
	Database Consultants Inc.	Houston, TX
	Clarity Inc.			Redmond, WA  (front runner)
	(Please add other Oracle education experiences)

Was the training fairly rigorous ?

Did it include hands-on workshops ?

Were the instructors knowledgeable ? Helpful ?

Was the training cost effective ?

And most importantly, would you recommend them ?

Working in Idaho is great, but our local training options are virtually non existent. We plan on training 3 developers, so bringing in an instructor does not seem feasible.

Although I'd really like to know, please keep overly negative reviews off the net; email me directly.

If anyone would like a summary of my findings, I will gladly forward them on.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

Dan Glasstetter
Programmer/Analyst/DBA
BMC West Corporation
Boise, Idaho
glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com Received on Mon Feb 21 1994 - 08:38:11 CET

Original text of this message