Re: Prolog and Oracle

From: Christoph Draxler <draxler_at_cis.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 1994 15:41:23 GMT

> calling Oracle via tcp...

A student of mine implemented a QP - Oracle interface using TCP/IP - He called the PRO*SQL interface (I think this is what it is called) with an SQL query and waits for the result relation...You have to tokenize the result because it's all plain ASCII, but you can use the Prolog built-in tokenizer for this...

You can have the code, if you want (and the student's diploma thesis (in German)); this interface was used in conjunction with my Prolog to SQL compiler.

Christoph

Christoph Draxler
CIS Centre for Information and Language Processing
Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich   Tel: +49 +89 211 0664
Wagmuellerstr. 23                      Fax: +49 +89 211 0674
D 80538 Munich                   draxler_at_cis.uni-muenchen.de