Re: DCE for Oracle

From: Brett May <bmay_at_blkbox.COM>
Date: 20 Feb 1994 23:34:00 -0600

jcrupi_at_mystech.mystech.com (John Crupi) writes:

>Does Oracle run under DCE ?
Not that I know of. I'm not sure what you mean by oracle 'running under DCE' since oracle has its own distributed processing tools. However, I did spend a little time trying to get a Pro*C program to compile as a RPC service. I was unsuccessful- It turned out that the idl compiller was incompatible with the Pro*C pre-compiller. It may be possible to run Pro*C across DCE, but I'm betting the solution is kludgey at best- I didn't have time to pursue it. If anyone else has pulled it off, I'd like to hear about it...

  • Brett
Brett M. May              | "...so I said, HEY! LAMA! How 'bout a little
bmay_at_blkbox.com           | something for the effort? And the lama says, 'oh,
Andersen Consulting       | there will be no money; but when you die,on your
Houston, Texas            | deathbed, you will receive total conciousness.'
(713) 528-1409 (voice) | So I got that going for me, which is nice..."