Re: ps shows user/password under Unix - SUMMARY

From: Paul Beardsell <paul_at_hoxton.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 1994 22:57:03 +0000

I hate having to do manage more than one thing at once. This applies to passwords too. What I do is only ever create OPS$ logins to Oracle. And I just thump my fist on the keyboard when typing the password for the OPS$ account I am creating. That way I only ever have to worry about Unix passwords and the management of them and the loopholes to them. And nobody will ever read an Oracle password from a ps listing because nobody knows them, not even me.

--
Paul Beardsell                          SAM Business Systems Ltd
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                          21 Finn House, Bevenden St, HOXTON,