How does Oracle compared to FoxPro on a PC LAN environment?

From: Seah Kin Lee <kinlee_at_iti.gov.sg>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 10:15:25 GMT

Hello everyone,

Doing this on behalf of a friend who cannot decide to buy Oracle or FoxPro for his place (cost is not the biggest consideration althought it will if very significant). The company is using DBASE at the moment and is looking at moving to Oracle or FoxPro.

Will be most grateful if anyone could give a critical assessment of the pros and cons of Oracle and FoxPro running in a PC Novell LAN environment or any comments, past encounters with the two DBMS.

I understand the FoxPro do not have referential integrity maintenance capability compared to Oracle. FoxPro newsgroup had a posting that developing FoxPro application for a networked environment needs special consideration to design and coding.

Please email to my address kinlee_at_ncb.gov.sg. Thanks very much.

Best Regards
Kin Lee SEAH Received on Fri Feb 18 1994 - 11:15:25 CET

Original text of this message