Re: V6 FAST DRIVER vs PIPE DRIVER

From: Ravi Khanna - Westinghouse <ravi_at_clark.net>
Date: 18 Feb 1994 17:50:08 GMT

Eric Keen (e_keen_at_access2.digex.net) wrote:
: Has anyone experience problems using the two task fast driver on
: oracle v6?

: Has anyone actually run out of semaphores or shared memory segments and
: had to resort to pipe drivers?

We may be having the same problem you are. We are using oracle 6.0.36 on a hp9000 827s as part of a decision support system. Under stressful conditions, we are seeing that the database process hangs while it waits on a semaphore. Is this what you see?

ravi

--
       <witty signature and disclaimer go here>