Re: TWO_TASK AND HINTS

From: Barry Hannigan; EdTel <hannigan_at_cs.ualberta.ca>
Date: 18 Feb 1994 00:58:09 GMT

pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au writes:

>Well, we have had to turn off the cost based optimiser for 7.0.13 as it doesn't
>work. We are relying on the rule based optimiser which seems to work ok. At
>some later date/version we will try again.

we found mysterious package invalidations ceased when the OPTIMIZATION_GOAL was set to RULE in the config.ora. whether a causal link exists, only larrys hairdresser knows for sure.

barry, voodoo dba.

--
   4 players            | barry hannigan             |
   inferno              |  1960-10303 jasper ave     | death to videodrome