Re: Forgot password for user "sys"

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 09:37:30 CST

In article AA29019_at_cs.utexas.edu, sinues_at_prcd.prc.mrms.navy.mil (John Sinues) writes:
-->What do you do if you lost/forgot the password for the Oracle user "sys"?
-->I do not have the password for this user and am unable to perform any
-->system administrative type functions. Is there a way around this? Is there
-->a way to get the password back or reset it?

Change the password using the account SYSTEM or any other account with DBA privs.

---
David Crowson   =%^)   |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
Oracle DBA(Ver.4,5,6,7)| I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
Amoco Exploration      | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Ealing, London         | and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
"My views not Amoex's" | with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson