Re: Oracle*terminal....

From: Martin Berli <berli_at_switch.ch>
Date: 17 Feb 1994 08:27:56 GMT

Ahsan Zia (azia_at_npac.syr.edu) wrote:
> I am trying to run oracle*terminal utility. Unfortunately, it is not
> working. When I give the command oraterm, it gives me the following
> error:

I did the following (on Solaris 2.3): I logged in as user "oracle" (which owns those terminal files, moved to the directory $ORACLE_HOME/form30/admin/resource. There is a file oraterm.r (and others). A made a backup copy of this file (e.g. orig_oraterm.r). Then I just typed

  oraterm

The program started, I had to open then the oraterm.r file, and could modify it, save it, and so on.

Hope this helps. Perhaps someone knows a more "elegant" way of doing this?

   Martin Berli

Internet: berli_at_switch.ch  | SWITCH, Swiss Academic and Research Network
Phone   : +41 1 268 1540   | Limmatquai 138
Fax     : +41 1 268 1568   | CH-8001 Zurich