Multi-line fields - Large records?

From: Steve Hovey <hovey_at_coyote.rain.org>
Date: 16 Feb 1994 23:14:40 -0800

Hi,
I'm currently attempting to create a table in ORACLE for technical articles pertaining to my company's product line (magnetic recording heads), which includes abstracts. This produces very large fields, and even larger records. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to delimit multi-line fields and concatenate multi-line records. I've tried to follow Koch & Muller's guidance, but can't seem to make it work. Does VARIABLE need to be called in the control file?

Please help. Mail responses to: hovey_at_rain.org

Thanks in advance,

Steve Received on Thu Feb 17 1994 - 08:14:40 CET

Original text of this message