SQL/Loader getting stuck (AIX, ORA 6)

From: Alan Deacon <ccaaaxd_at_ucl.ac.uk>
Date: 15 Feb 1994 17:39:39 -0600

I'm working on a project which makes heavy use of Data files, as such I end up using SQL*Loader quite a lot. I have found that every now and then it seems to get stuck. A number of commit points rattle by and then *nothing*. I usually break in, and start again. I use replace and have unique indexes, so there is no problem loading the same data several times.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, or have seen the same thing?

I'm using SQL*Loader: Version 1.1.7.0.1 on an IBM RS/6000 running ORACLE RDBMS V6.0.34.2.1 . I usually use the host command to run C-Shell scripts which massage the data files and actually control the SQL*Loader. It's the intermittent nature of the problem which has me confused.

Please reply direct if possible, though I'll keep a weather eye on the group as well.

TIA.

--
	Alan Deacon (User Services)
	Central Computing Service		Email: a.deacon_at_ucl.ac.uk