Re: free space in oracle 7

From: <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 14 Feb 94 13:31:19 +1100

In article <2jgtun$ias_at_charon.citicorp.com>, judy_at_gftpd-mail.citicorp.com (Judy Ko -- Consultant) writes:

>>   select	tablespace_name, sum( bytes ) / 1e6	free_mb
>> 	  from	dba_free_space
>> 	  group by tablespace_name

> This query works for oracle 7. I have tired it on the HP platform.
>
>> Also, what manuals describe such sys admin stuff as what system tables
>> are available?

> App B of Server Administrator's Guide will give you the detail of all
> tables/views and columns. I find the SQL Language Quick Reference is
> helpful too.
>
> Judy Ko

Just to be pedantic:

  if "free_mb" is supposed to be in MegaBytes then:

                     A MegaByte = 1024 x 1024 bytes

                                = 1,048,576 bytes

                                NOT 1e6 bytes

  Computer scales work in powers of 2 NOT 10.

--
Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

"If you swallow a live frog first thing in the morning ...
 Nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day."

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, Australia                             (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *