ReportWriter...Is it just me or what?

From: Rick Cottle <cottle_at_prism.sps.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 23:08:59 GMT

I've spent the last two days teaching myself enough of report writer to be half way through usable report. It is very simple with about 4 queries. I just wante to pretty it up, and I feel that I keep hitting my head against the usability of this tool.

I felt like SQL*Forms was very cumbersome to use and learn, but at least it is fairly well integrated between its different sections, and it has yet to not work. However, ReportWriter (1.1.14) has no apparent integration in going between queries/groups/fields/text, etc. I have now come up with fields that seem to have disapeared, and as I scroll down the form, it stops and says that too much data has been edited.

Does everyone use this tool? Are there better ones available? Help!

--
R i c k   C o t t l e
Email:cottle_at_prism.sps.mot.com