Re: Managing and Oracle7 db from a Mac

From: Randy Bradley <bradley_at_marcvm.marc.usda.gov>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 94 09:43:08 GMT

In Article <1994Feb11.114938.16116_at_zoo.bt.co.uk>, Neil Henderson <henderson_n_g_at_bt-web.bt.co.uk> wrote:
>At present we operate a series of Mac clients onto an Oracle7 database
>running on Novell Netware. Up until we upgraded the server to Oracle7
>from version 6, I used to be ableto manage the database (add users,
>tables, views etc) from the Oracle Server Manager software. This no
>longer works fully with Oracle7.

  Do you get the alert: "Cannot load users. ORA-00904: invalid column name."? when you try to display users? That is the error we are getting. Unfortunately, we did not purchase support. I called Oracle sales yesterday and they said Oracle 7 is not yet out for Macintosh, other than AUX. Does anyone know if Oracle 7 for AUX includes the server manager? Will Oracle 7 for Mac include the server manager? Any rumors on when it will ship? Thanks. Received on Fri Feb 11 1994 - 10:43:08 CET

Original text of this message