Forms 3.0 - block and table out of sync?

From: <dae_at_pencom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 94 09:45:57 PST

Here's a weird one:
I have a simple Master-Detail SQL*Forms 3.0 form. While in the Master block, the user can type a 'P' into a non-database field to change all of the Detail records from non-paid to paid. I do this from the on-validate-field trigger in the Master block via:

update Detail set paid_field = 'P' where key = :Master.key; commit;
go_block('Detail');
clear_block;

execute_query;

At this point, the user should see that all of the paid_fields in the Detail block are set to 'P'; however, if the user has been in the Detail block previously and changed any of the paid_fields they show up with the 'old' values, even though I just did the update/commit you see above.

It's as though Oracle is buffering the contents of the Detail block in spite of my explicit clear_block and execute_query.

Anybody have any hints/suggestions? Your help is most appreciated. Please either e-mail or post your responses. Thanks.

David Elliott
Pencom Software
Austin, Texas

dae_at_pencom.com Received on Fri Feb 11 1994 - 18:45:57 CET

Original text of this message