Re: HELP: Configuring ODBC & SQL*Netv1

From: Brent Lambert <brent_at_spss.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 21:26:28 GMT

In article <ks.2.000FB265_at_ic.uva.nl>, ks_at_ic.uva.nl (Karel Sprenger) writes:
> In article <9402032148.AA14813_at_cs.utexas.edu> sinues_at_prcd.prc.mrms.navy.mil (John Sinues) writes:
> >
> >Software: ODBC v1.0
> > ODBC drivers version 6 from Visual Basic
> > SQL*Net v1.2 for Windows
> > SQL*Net v1.x for UNIX
> > Oracle 7 for UNIX
> >
> >My connection from SQL*Net for Windows to SQL*Net for UNIX appears to work
> >fine, but I cannot connect to the database using ODBC. What configuration
> >is needed to connect my ODBC v6 drivers to the Oracle 7 UNIX database?
>
> Depending on the TCP/IP software you are using you need to load a TSR
> before starting Windows. For example, for ftp, inc's PC/TCP package you need
> to load the TSR mftp.exe and if you are using Beame & Whiteside you must
> load mbw.exe. Other TCP/IP packages are supported through DDL's. The purpose
> of the TSR or DLL is (I think) to interface between the TCP/IP package,
> SQL*Net and ODBC. Anyway, it works for PC/TCP and B&W.

I may be wrong, but I believe that this is solution to a SQL*Net problem, but John says SQL*Net seems to be working fine. John, if this doesn't fix your problem, post some more info, like your network, how you configured the Oracle data source, how you determined that SQL*Net is working, etc.

Just for the record, did you read drvoracl.hlp and oracle.txt in the \windows\system directory?

--
The above statements are not the opinions or policies of SPSS Inc.
The above statements may not be the opinions of Brent Lambert.