OCI libraries for Microsoft C??

From: Paul Singleton <paul_at_cs.keele.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Feb 1994 21:01:00 -0000

I want to link a C program (compiled with Microsoft C V7) to Oracle's OCI calls, so that I can run this program under DOS or Windows on a PC and access our Oracle V6 servers via our Ethernet.

We have a site license for Oracle V6 on Suns, but this doesn't cover PCs.

We do, however, have a single license for Oracle 5.1a for PCs.

Can I use the OCI library from 5.1a with V6 servers? Might the license terms disallow me from using OCI-linked executables on unlicensed PCs?

I have no interest in running a full-blown database on a PC.

If I need to license further Oracle software, how little can I get away with?

Finally, I'm newly interested in evaluating Oracle's ODBC driver: this must be a FAQ (I've ignored this topic 'til now) - where/how do I get it?

Thinks: do Oracle (UK?) have a Customer Contact email address?

  __   __    Paul Singleton (Dr)           JANET: paul_at_uk.ac.keele.cs
 |__) (__    Computer Science Dept.        other: paul_at_cs.keele.ac.uk
 |  .  __).  Keele University, Newcastle,    tel: +44 (0)782 583477
          Staffs ST5 5BG, ENGLAND         fax: +44 (0)782 713082