Solaris 2.2 + Oracle 7.0.15 problem

From: Stephane Vachon <stephane_at_tdsb-s.mais.hydro.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 03:28:06 GMT

Hello again,

Can someone figure this one out...

First configuration:

	Hardware:	Sun SparcStation 10 Model 512 (2 cpu's)
			64 Mb memory
			6  Gb disk
	OS:		Solaris 2.2
	Patches:	All required mandatory patches + some others
	Installation:	As a server
	Database:	Oracle 7 release 7.0.15
	Comment:	Everything is smooth, up and running for about a month

Second configuration: (problems)

	Hardware:	Sun SparcStation 10 Model 40
			32 Mb memory
			2  Gb disk
	OS:		Same as first config.
	Patches:	Same as first config.
	Installation:	As a server
	Database:	Same as first config.
	Comment:	For the first database startup and shutdown,
			everything looks ok but in the next minutes
			or hours, when you try to use the database
			or try to use SQL*DBA instance startup you
			get the following messages:

			at startup: ORA-02725 osnpbr: cannot send break signal
			at console: PAGE GET GETS NULL PAGE

Message description:

02725, 00000, "osnpbr: cannot send break signal"
// *Cause: The Pipe driver could not send a break message to the ORACLE

//	     shadow process.

// *Action: Kill system call failed. Check errno and contact customer
// support. Others: The only setup change is the hardware ??? Did i miss a patch somewhere or is it a known problem ? I also noticed that a shared memory segment from oracle hangs in so i have to drop it with the (ipcrm -m #) command to try a fresh startup but like i said it doesn't work. Another thing, if i try to shutdown the computer and try to startup the database it works 50% of the time.

Stephane, help me... Received on Wed Feb 09 1994 - 04:28:06 CET

Original text of this message