GIS systems with Oracle

From: Tommy Wareing <p0070621_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 6 Feb 1994 10:37:00 -0600

Hi. We are hoping to replace our existing GIS system with a new one which will work with our corporate Oracle database.

Having looked around, we've decided that we would *LIKE* to use Geo/SQL (produced by Generation 5 in the States, SSI MicroCad in the UK), but will probably end up with Archibus, due to time constraints.

We want something that is capable of building management, and having visited a few Geo/SQL sites in the UK, have found nobody using the system either
a) in the way which we wish to use it, or b) as a serious system... mostly it's "being evaluated"

Does anyone have any recommendations on a system (it needn't be one of the two I've mentioned, as long as it talks to Oracle). Any information about Geo/SQL would be especially welcomed though.

Thanks in advance, and if you wish, I'll try to summarise.

--
 /  Tommy Wareing          \ /  Dying ain't much of a living, \