Re: Is Forms 4.0 stable?

From: Dave Erwin <erwin_at_lmsc.lockheed.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 94 16:38:09 GMT

In article <2ioq39$b2l_at_news.delphi.com>, washide_at_news.delphi.com (WASHIDE_at_DELPHI.COM) wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> We've currently got some apps running under Forms 3.0 and would like to
> migrate to Version 4.0. During training for some new V3 users here,
> the instructor commented that 4.0 is still full of bugs and Oracle has no
> real intent to keep 4.0 a viable GUI product due to the fact that there
> are so many other products out there (for example, Powerbuilder). The
> instructor wasn't from Oracle.
>
> Of course our Oracle sales rep says that they're behind it all the way and
> lots of money is being poured into it.
>
> What kind of experience have other people had with Forms 4.0? Is it still
> unstable or what? Any info that you have would be appreciated?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Doug Washington
> Whirlpool Corporation
> WASHIDE_at_DELPHI.COM
We are currently using Forms 4.0 on Motif, Windows 3.1 and the Mac and are very happy with the product. The current version 4.0.12 appears to be a stable release. There were some problems with 4.0.11 (nothing major but a few annoying bugs). We have one Motif Forms 4.0 System in production and have a couple of others using Motif, Windows, and the Mac in development.

Dave Erwin
Lockheed Missiles & Space Company
Email: erwin_at_lmsc.lockheed.com