Sqlplus access by users in a production system

From: David Ewing <dewing_at_GaSoU.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 15:39:11

We have a Rs6000 running RDBMS 6.0.34.2.1. We have done all the grants to allow users to update tables in a production database. We would like all updates to happen within SQLFORMS or SQLMENU. We do not wish the users to update the tables from SQLPLUS for obvious reasons. Therefore, we setup the Product_user_profile to give select-only access to SQLPLUS. However, this seems to interfere with calling a SQLPLUS script from SQLMENU in which updates should be allowed. I would rather not solve the problem by locking people into menus. Does anybody have any ideas on calling SQLPLUS scripts that can update tables from SQLMENU, but still limit interactive SQLPLUS access to select only. Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Feb 01 1994 - 15:39:11 CET

Original text of this message