Re: SQL*Forms on WINOS/2

From: <Rony.Flatscher_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: 1 Feb 1994 22:07:12 GMT

In <2ilcgu$r95_at_raffles.technet.sg>, nbl_at_solomon.technet.sg (Ng Beng Lim) writes:

>I understand that SQL*FORMS runs on Windows 3.1. Anyone tried running this
>under OS/2?

We are running SQL*FORMS for OS/2 under OS/2. :)

Supposedly there is an ORACLE-product which is a VDM which functions as a bridge between OS/2 and DOS and hence between OS/2 and WINOS2 (which is being run under virtual OS/2-DOS-machines).

Another possibility would be IBM's TCP/IP 2.0 with the DOS-box-support (including Winsockets), so you can access your local or remote database via SQL*Net.

Haven't tried neither, I must admit, as the OS/2 version of CASE and tools work nicely. (This is with Oracle 6.x, Forms 3, CASE 5.0.x etc.; haven't heard of OS/2-versions of Forms 4, RW 2 as of yet; anyone in the know out there ? )

---rony
P.S.: I wished, Oracle would support a REXX-interface for the OS/2-version of its database, as it does on IBM-mainframes; sigh. GREAT little things could be accomplished by this little gimmick. Received on Tue Feb 01 1994 - 23:07:12 CET

Original text of this message