Sqlform 3.0 -- inputing new data problem

From: Go Ahead Reverse My day! <yshah_at_bsd.meddean.luc.edu>
Date: 31 Jan 1994 15:40:46 -0600

Me and some other people are working on a little project; a database to hold music info, i.e. group name, label, album title...etc

We created the tables and everything, but now we have a problem. We made a table called "groop" (group is sql statement), and have two fields:

groop_nm char(80)
primary key(groop_nm);

When data is entered in the first question is for group (or artist) name. If a name has already been entered then forms won't let enter new info for that group.
(1) Should we make it by album first, then artist?
(2) Is there a way that forms won't check for that stuff?
(3) Can I do this:

    groop_id num(8),
    groop_nm char(80),
    primary key(groop_id);

    How do I generate the groop_id?
(4) Any other options?

Thanks.
Yatrik. Received on Mon Jan 31 1994 - 22:40:46 CET

Original text of this message