Changing Passwords & Multiple Oracle servers

From: John Monahan <john.monahan_at_gtegsc3.sprint.com>
Date: 31 Jan 1994 19:28:39 GMT

Hi all,

Our Oracle representative had no good answers for the following three questions. Any ideas?

  1. Via SQL*Net, how can an Oracle user change his own password?
  2. How are passwords maintained on servers running multiple instances of Oracle? Will a user have to change his password for each instance?
  3. What about in an environment containing many servers?

Any experiences from netland will be very helpful. Thank you for your time. I'll post a summary if there is interest!

John Monahan                        I don't speak for GTE
GTE Government Systems Corp             They don't speak for me