ORACLE Monitoring Tools d

From: Mark Fetherolf <markf_at_novalink.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 94 09:59:42 EST

To: INTERNET
Subject: ORACLE Monitoring Tools

shamel_at_tdsb-s.mais.hydro.qc.ca (Stephane Hamel) writes:
> I would like to have some feedback from users of Compuware
> EcoSystems Business Group product called EcoTOOL and/or Patrol
> Software Inc. product called DDS Patrol.
> More specifically, I have to evaluate both products for managing
> multiple servers and clients located at various places (several 100km
> away). We have nearly 10 Sun servers in 8 different locations and
> over 50 SUN client workstations plus some other equipment, like
> UnixWare and MS-DOS based PC's.
> We also need to monitor about 16 Oracle instances, some of them still
> being 6.0.x and the others at Oracle release 7.0.x.

Another product may meet your needs:

                 DB-Vision from Aston Brooke Software

DB-Vision features include:
- Concurrent multi-instance monitoring for both Version 6 and Oracle7 - More detailed ORACLE performance and storage utilization data than   ANY other product (really)

- A compressed performance history database
- An object oriented GUI for real-time and historical data presentation
- Automatic, background detection of conditions that require automatic
  corrective action or support personnel notification
- Built-in corrective action processing
- E-Mail and Pager notification
- User Extensibility for Application-specific monitoring needs

Aston Brooke will also release, in the near future:

                             UniVision

A comprehensive Unix host/server monitoring tool. UniVision will collect, present, maintain and alarm Unix system performance data using the same underlying industrial strength technology used in DB-Vision.

Please send me private E-Mail for more information.

---
 þ QMPro 1.51 þ Press "+" to see another tagline.

Mark Fetherolf
Aston Brooke Corporation
610 West Germantown Pike
Plymouth Meeting,  PA  19462