Re: Updating a table w/PRO*C

From: Judy Ko -- Consultant <judy_at_gftpd-mail.citicorp.com>
Date: 31 Jan 1994 22:12:59 GMT

Andrew Ryan (genanr_at_amiserv.xnet.com) wrote:
> However, if it gets to a key that is already in the table, it jumps out of
> the insert statement rather than going on the the next element in the array.

> Andy

I don't think Array insert will solve your problem. If your records are from flat file, then may be you can make use of sqlload. In sqlload, all the "bad" record are written out to a log file and you have an option to commit or rollback the good records. In your case, you would commit your good records and use Pro*C to correct the "bad" records and insert in batch into the database.

Just an idea.

Cheers,
Judy Received on Mon Jan 31 1994 - 23:12:59 CET

Original text of this message