Problems installing Oracle Tools for DOS V6.0a on to File Server

From: Rodney Coleman <bigbod_at_cerberus.bhpese.oz.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 03:05:47 GMT

	Hi! I am having some problems installing Oracle Tools for DOS V6.0a.
	Basically the problem is as follows:

(1) I installed the Oracle 7 Server on a Novell File Server
(under directory o:\oranw). This was done using the V3 installer that came with the server.
(2) I installed the DOS products that came with the server
package (sql*dba, imp, exp, sql*net, sql*loader) on to the Novell File Server (under directory o:\orados). This was also done using the V3 installer that came with the
server. No problems so far.
(3) Now I attempt to install the various Oracle Tools for DOS
on to the Novell File Server using the V3 installer that came with the server package. Now this is legal as long as the DOS install utilities that come with the server have been installed (according to the Oracle Installer Technology
Guide For DOS booklet that comes with the Oracle 7 Server). Each Oracle Tool I try to install says that I must install the "Required Support Files 6.0.36.1.0" product first. The problem is that I have already done this, and it is listed by the V3 installer as an installed product (BTW, Required Support Files 7.0.15.0.0 are also installed !) Has anyone else experienced this problem, or have I just done something silly during the installation ?? I have contacted Oracle Support (Australia) about this, but I don't think they have an answer to the problem. Any comments, suggestions would be gratefully accepted. -- Everytime I open the door, | Rodney Coleman, Analyst Programmer its the same DAMN thing...... | BHP Information Technology That bitch bends over, | Newcastle, Australia.
  and I forget my name !! (Gene Simmons) | (bigbod_at_liberator.bhpese.oz.au) Received on Fri Jan 28 1994 - 04:05:47 CET

Original text of this message