Local synonym visibility in PL/SQL procs

From: Mark C. Jones <mcj_at_cccs.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 14:06:00 GMT

We are developing private procedures in PL/SQL that need to have access to shared tables. Even though we access both synonyms pointing to the shared tables and the shared tables directly from sql we cannot do this from our procedures. Does anyone know how to do this?

e.g.

We run
CREATE SYNONYM MEMBERSHIP FOR CORE.MEMBERSHIP CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test (membership_id IN OUT NUMBER) IS BEGIN
    select membership_id into membership_id from membership; END gives the error:
ERROR Sequence:1 Line:3 Position:54
PLS-00201: identifier 'MEMBERSHIP' must be declared

We get the same error with:

   select membership_id into membership_id from core.membership

Would appreciate any help.

Mark Jones
U of Minnesota
mcj_at_moose.cccs.umn.edu Received on Thu Jan 27 1994 - 15:06:00 CET

Original text of this message