Re: Oracle Re-install (SunOS -> Solaris 2.x)

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 26 Jan 94 19:39:35 EST

In article <2hfta5$8i9_at_nigel.msen.com>, jeffk_at_garnet.msen.com (Jeff Kopmanis) writes:

> Maybe a simple, quicky here...
>
> If we are moving to Solaris 2.x from SunOS 4.1.3, when Oracle is
> re-installed, is there a way to keep the databases around or tell it about
> the existing ones, without export/import? Ifnot, I'm just going to export
> before importing.
>
> -Jeff. :)

When I run the install under solaris 2.3, it asks me if there is an existing database with the name that I use. Since I am doing new installs, I always answer no. However, since the install procedure asks, it leads me to believe that it will manage the conversion for you. I'd suggest perusing the install manual and calling Oracle.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285