Re: Help: run a host program from a (client) trigger

From: Dan Glasstetter <glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 14:35:55

In article <2hp2hd$aao_at_terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu> Liang Lin <llin_at_med.umich.edu> writes:
>From: Liang Lin <llin_at_med.umich.edu>
>Subject: Help: run a host program from a trigger
>Date: 21 Jan 1994 17:14:21 GMT

>How do I execute a VMS program from an Oracle trigger?
>Is there any way to write data into a disk file from a trigger?

>Thanks.

>Liang Lin

We are having the same problem....

How do we execute a Server command (VAX VMS) from the Client application (Forms 4.0) ?

The HOST command from Forms executes in DOS. I've tried putting the HOST command in a database procedure with no luck.

There has GOT to be a way to do this. We need to kick off a batch job (on the VAX) based upon user input (in the form).

Can anyone out there shed some light ?

Thanks,

Dan Glasstetter
BMC West Corp.
Boise, ID
glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com Received on Wed Jan 26 1994 - 14:35:55 CET

Original text of this message