Re: Oracle 600 Internal Error

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 11:25:12 CST

In article 18333_at_ctp.com, dmend_at_ctp.com (Daniel J. Mendez) writes:
-->We are running ORACLE RDBMS 7.0.15 and PL/SQL 2.0.17 and every once
-->in a while we are getting an ORACLE 600 Error described as "Internal Error".
-->
-->If we restart the database, the error goes away for 3 or 4 hours, then
-->reappears when we execute some stored procedures. These stored procedures
-->do not have any nested parentheses (Oracle suggested this might be a problem)
-->
-->If anyone has any information about this error or has seen it before, I would
-->really appreciate if they would let me know.

% oerr ora 600
00600, 00000, "internal error code, arguments: [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s]"

// *Cause:  This is the generic internal error number for Oracle program
//         exceptions.  This indicates that a proccess has encountered an
//         exceptional condition.
// *Action: Report as a bug - the first argument is the internal error number

Any help ?

---
David Crowson   =%^)   |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
Oracle DBA(Ver.4,5,6,7)| I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
Amoco Exploration      | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Ealing, London         | and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
"My views not Amoex's" | with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson