EcoTOOLS or DDS Patrol, anyone using those?

From: Stephane Hamel <shamel_at_tdsb-s.mais.hydro.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 12:57:55 GMT

I would like to have some feedback from users of Compuware EcoSystems Business Group product called EcoTOOL and/or Patrol Software Inc. product called DDS Patrol.

More specifically, I have to evaluate both products for managing multiple servers and clients located at various places (several 100km away). We have nearly 10 Sun servers in 8 different locations and over 50 SUN client workstations plus some other equipment, like UnixWare and MS-DOS based PC's.

We also need to monitor about 16 Oracle instance, some of them still being 6.0.x and the others at Oracle release 7.0.x.

Both products are targetting those specific needs: remote management and monitoring of the operating system and databases. Both offer multiple OS support and multiple RDBMS support.

I wan't to know good and bad things!

I'll post a summary later on!

---
 Stephane Hamel, Sysadmin/DBA *.mais.hydro.qc.ca
 Hydro-Quebec TDSB, Montreal, Quebec
 E-mail: shamel_at_mais.hydro.qc.ca  Voice: (514) 858-7704