replication and stored procedures on low-flowed lines???

From: <ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si>
Date: 24 Jan 94 08:07:09 +0200

Hi everybody!

        This is really very interesting conference. I think better than everyday calling to local distributor and long term waiting for explanation.

Has anyone got expereinces on dsitributing data amongst branch units of some institutions. Specially i am wondering about the mechanism of replication on various quality of telecommunication lines.

Is it worth to try to get a pattern of repsonsive times on serail lines
( 19200 bauds ).

Has anybody done some metrics on responsiveness. Let me be direct. I am dealing with a problem who is demanding distributing. But infrastructure i am not sure would fullfil the demands of RDBMS distributed server.

I have two or3 entities which should be seen on all hosts , so as updated
( clients, price-lists,... ) than many entities which could be
locally updated.

Specially i am interested what are impressions in oracle replication mechanism and RPC ( stored procedures ).

Ivo Drvaric, Technical University Maribor.

My Internet adress is :
ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si Received on Mon Jan 24 1994 - 07:07:09 CET

Original text of this message