Re: Pro*C & GNU C: _cg92 in sqlnet.a

From: Ron McCamish <rwm26_at_cas.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 12:43:04 GMT

In article 94Jan23131856_at_demo1.se.oracle.com, mloennro_at_se.oracle.com (Magnus Lonnroth) writes:

> Jeff> We are running Oracle 7.0.13 under Solaris 2.2 and are trying
> Jeff> to compile Pro*C programs with GNU C 2.5.6. We get some odd
> Jeff> ld warnings about 10 of the libraries, then it fails with an
> Jeff> error that says that the symbol __cg92 is not found and it is
> Jeff> first referred to in sqlnet.a. We've got LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
> Jeff> to point to every known library location and we're using the
> Jeff> standard Oracle makefile as a template makefile. What's this
> Jeff> thing doing and why doesn't it work? Is it GNU related, or
> Jeff> should I dig deeper into Oracle? Is it required stuff? Its
> Jeff> first in the ld line for libraries.
>

>This is not GNU related. It's ld related.
>This is known as bug 182244. There is an error in the makefile (proc.mk).
>There is also a patch available (a new makefile). The error occurs when
>trying to (re-)link just about anything on a box with SPARC architecure
>(cg92 is SPARC V8, cg89 is SPARC). Please call Oracle customer support to
>get this patch. Note: this patch is only need for cg89-machines, e.g.
>without the 1 MB on-board super-cache.
>--
>
>Magnus Lonnroth
>Tech.Sales & Consultant
>Oracle Sweden
>Mail: mloennro_at_se.oracle.com

Does the patch just make it so that the cg92 stuff isn't used? We had to add -xcg92 to cc (or link ORACLE's __fstd.o) to get the link to work. But CenterLine's CodeCenter does not load __fstd.o (there are two versions of _fstd.o, one for cg89 and the other for cg92).

ron....

---
Ron McCamish
Internet:  rwm26_at_cas.org