Re: PL/SQL error 103 in FORMS 3.0 - problems with the word "TYPE"

From: Steve Corbett <p0070623_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 21 Jan 1994 06:58:31 -0600

John R Labonte (jrl1_at_kepler.unh.edu) wrote:

: I'm getting an odd problem with pl/sql in a 3.0 forms that I'm
: trying to generate. It seems that the word "type" is getting
: mixed up with the reserved word "type". It's not at all consistent
 [snip]
: 2) I'm using pl/sql 1.0.33.1.1 and forms 3.0.16.7.1 in
: oracle 6.0.33.2.1 on a sun.

: Anyone seen this before?

yep. :(

on earlier versions than we are using now, don't remember the v numbers sorry. since then i have got into the habit of pre-fixing ALL pl/sql variables by a prefix like 'wk_' (or whatever), so don't know if the problem still exists. (also column names by table aliases if you are not already doing so).
we develop under one toolkit but run live on several instances that have differing versions so try to adopt habits that are safe everywhere.

--
Steve Corbett.                        vvv
                                     [. .]