ANSI compiling of PRO*C complains

From: Daryl Erwin <derwin_at_mach2.wlu.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 15:48:57 GMT

We are about to move to a new version of PTX and a new version of the compiler. The compiler is supposedly ANSI standard. Anyways, the problem is all the warning messages its spits out about varchar's 'unsigned char arr'. It seems that ay functon on variable.arr complains. For instance strlen(variable.arr) will complain because strlen is expecting a char not an unsigned char. What are my options?

  1. use the old compiler and not use ANSI?
  2. Hard code all varchar definitions to their structure? -OR- ????

Are there any configuration parameters that we can change to PRO*C to get it to spit out char instead of unsigned char? How are others handling this?

Thanks. Received on Thu Jan 20 1994 - 16:48:57 CET

Original text of this message