Re: ORACLE for Solaris 2.3

From: Gary Eckhardt, Bldg 613, Rm Dev, X2826 <eckhardg_at_brooks.af.mil>
Date: 20 Jan 1994 21:31:35 GMT

In article 27951_at_lauca.usach.cl, mmoreno_at_lauca.usach.cl (Maritza Moreno .) writes:

> Hola ...necesito saber si existe alguna version de Oracle
> para Solaris 2.3. Tengo entendido que la v7.0.15 funciona bajo
> Solaris 2.2 pero ORACLE no certifica que funcione bajo Solaris 2.3.
>
> Si algun de Ud. lo usa asi me gustaria saber si han tenido
> algun tipo de problemas y cuales son estos....su informacion sera de
> mucha ayuda, no importa si escriben en ingles o espa~ol.

I had to get a co-worker to de-code this, but here's your answer! ;^>

From what Oracle tells us, 7.0.15.4.0 DOES work under Solaris 2.3, even though the packaging says only Solaris 2.2. We haven't tried it out yet to verify their claim, however.

Gary B. Eckhardt                |  Software Development  |  This space for
Computer Sciences Corporation   |  MISTS HSC Support     |  rent or lease.
eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil    |  (210) 536-2826        |  (Cheap!)

   It's called "GOLF" because all the other four-letter words were taken. Received on Thu Jan 20 1994 - 22:31:35 CET

Original text of this message