Re: compiling proc with gcc?

From: David Clement <clement1_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 19 Jan 1994 16:18:09 GMT

In article <CJn705.L92_at_kaiwan.com>, aha_at_kaiwan.com (Antony Halim) wrote:

> I was wondering if we can compile Oracle 7 OCI/ProC program
> using GNU gcc in Solaris 2.

I have had no problems with using gcc 2.5.7 to compile ORACLE 7.0.15 OCI and Pro*C programs under SunOS 4.1.2. The Pro*C precompiler does not produce ANSI/ISO-compliant C; gcc is a lot closer to ANSI/ISO compliance. So be sure to use the gcc flag -traditional. With the OCI, of course, you can write the C code as you like it to be -- traditional or ANSI/ISO.

David Clement || Geyr Garmr mjok fyr Gnipahellu. clement1_at_llnl.gov || Festr mun slitna, enn freki renna.