Oracle7 and Excel 4.0

From: Michael Rieder <zhrmc_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 13:00:55 GMT

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect to Oracle7 using Q+E for Excel 4.0 on a PC. I can open the connection (through Q+E) using ODBC. Q+E will show me a list of possible tables, views and synonyms. When I select one of those objects and click OK. Q+E shows a message box telling about an Oracle error ORA-00942: table or view does not exists.

That of course isn't true as I can access the same object using MS-Access and ODBC.

I'm using the standard ODBC-Driver for Oracle that comes along with VB 3.0.

Any hints?

Thanks
Michael

| Michael Rieder | |
| Union Bank of Switzerland | voice : +41 1 236 65 77 |
| OREI/ORIF-RMC | fax : |
| Bahnhofstrasse 45 | e-mail: Michael.Rieder_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch |
| 8021 Zurich | |
| Switzerland | |

| To NT or not to NT, that's the question... |