Re: Procob with MF 3.1

From: Prabhakar Kandashamy <prabha_at_sector.az05.bull.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 94 22:57:18 GMT

We donot have an SCO version, however we did face into similar problems with Oracle 7.0.13 and MF Cobol 3.0. Probabaly you need to take care of the following thing.

  1. If you have an Intel processor (SCO mostly runs on Intel ), you need to precompile your program with comp-5=yes switch.
  2. If above does not help, We found cases where we had to put a dummy field as the first in BEGIN DECLARE and END DECLARE. ie., Put a declaration something like this, immediatly after the WORKING-STORAGE statement.

    WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.

             EXEC SQL  BEGIN DECLARE SECTION END-EXEC.
    01     WS-DUMMY                     PIC X(5).
             EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION END-EXEC.

3.  The third case is applicable only if you have connected to the database and still get 114 error.   Check the
      sizes of the datatype you use in the COBOL program with TABLE defination.  Take precaution to define
      your  number datatype correctly.

I hope the above information is useful.

Prabhakar Received on Mon Jan 17 1994 - 23:57:18 CET

Original text of this message