Re: Convert dBASE (.dbf) files to Oracle tables-Macintosh?

From: Dave Erwin <erwin_at_lmsc.lockheed.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 94 17:02:30 GMT

In article <2h8ovr$8fu_at_apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>, roffman_at_merhaba.cc.columbia.edu (Steven Roffman) wrote:

> Is there an automatic way to convert dbase files (.dbf) to Oracle tables in the
> Oracle for MAcintosh 2.0 or for the AUX version ? I am told there is utility f
> for the dos verion.
> Thanks.
If you have Oracle for MS-DOS if provides a utilities called db3prep and db3load that will create "Create Table..." and SQLLOAD scripts which will allow you to load a dbase file into Oracle on DOS (the scripts the utilities create should also work on the Mac).

Dave Erwin
Lockheed Missiles & Space Company
Email: erwin_at_lmsc.lockheed.com