Oracle 6.0 to MS-ACCESS problems

From: Cory Sandahl <sandahl_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 14 Jan 1994 21:37:25 GMT

I am in the process of migrating tables from Oracle 6.0 to Access under Windows and have run into a few problems.

First of all I know very little about Oracle. The previous DBA was quite proficient but she is no longer around to be of assistance to me. Before she left she was able to show me enough about using the report generator so that I could at least write the correct SQL statements to write the Oracle tables to a delimitted file which could then be imported into Access.

THE PROBLEM: I can't seem to get rid of the report header and line breaks and carriage returns etc. All I want is one continuous delimitted file containing the records - each record on one line - from the Oracle table. Nothing else. I think you can sense my frustration.

Any suggestions? Please respond either publicly or by private email (what other choices are there?). Thanks for the responses in advance.

Cory Received on Fri Jan 14 1994 - 22:37:25 CET

Original text of this message