Re: Oracle online?

From: <respec_at_unm.edu>
Date: 11 Jan 1994 21:47:38 -0700

In article <1994Jan11.004151.1013_at_ugc.ab.ca>, Geoff Coleman <geoff_at_ugc.ab.ca> wrote:
>In article <1994Jan10.032320.20174_at_newsgate.sps.mot.com> ttg242_at_newton.sps.mot.com writes:
>>However, over a 2400 line it is painfully slow, and therefore quite
>>expensive (no 800 number). I didn't find any of the tips and tricks
>>very revealing, and logging TARs and getting release information is
>>faster over the phone, despite having to negotiate the automated
>>answering system (grrr).
>
> Wow Oracle Canada is a head of the U.S. in something!!
>They give us an 800 number and V.32 connection. It is always fun though when
>the database runs out of extents :-).
>
>Geoff Coleman

Oracle does have a beta version of an email tech support service available. i don't know if the number of users is restricted, but i was able to get an access quite easily. it requires the use of keywords within the message body to invoke server actions. sometimes it is convenient to post a tar at 4am - response has typically been no worse than voice dialup. i think that the appropriate internet etiquette would be to send an account request to supreqdba_at_us.oracle.com. good luck. - phil Received on Wed Jan 12 1994 - 05:47:38 CET

Original text of this message