Re: Why, oh why must it be this way?

From: Geoff Coleman <geoff_at_ugc.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 00:35:45 GMT

In article <6686_at_iris.mincom.oz.au> hans_at_iris.mincom.oz.au (Hans Plambeck) writes:
>Todd Richmond (todd_at_storm01.aadt.com) wrote:
>: Why is it that Oracle views every minor verson release as an
>: opportunity to redo the structure of their libraries?

        So they can get get more calls to their support people because their own tools no longer compile with make. My biggest complaint about Oracle over the years is the number of time's I've had to fix their Makefiles (forms3 and Menus5 are prime examples).

>cd /usr/oralce/proc/demo
>make -f proc.mk
>
>Will tell you what to do....

        See above but this is usually not the case :-).

Geoff Coleman Received on Tue Jan 11 1994 - 01:35:45 CET

Original text of this message