Re: Oracle with Unisys A Series LINC DMS2?

From: Kumar Rangan <kumarr_at_hparc0.aus.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 1994 20:56:41 GMT

In comp.databases.oracle, nchan_at_unixg.ubc.ca wrote :
:Like almost every other company out there we are downsizing
:our computer systems off mainframes to PCs. One of our largest
:databases resides on an Unisys A6 mainframe using a LINC/DMS2
:DBMS. I heard that Oracle supports some type connectivity
:with the aforementioned system. True or false? Pros and cons?
:Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Heard a while back (could be pure speculation...) that Unisys was making LINC available on its (and later other) Un*x platforms, and that this would be using Oracle as the back end dbms engine.... You're best off by checking with Unisys reps on that.

All disclaimers any lawyer can think of (and then some) apply ...

--
Kumar Rangan, PSO, HP New Zealand.       email : kumarr_at_hparc0.aus.hp.com
Tel : +64 4 382 0446 or +64 25 455 046   Fax : +64 4 384 3380