Access Oracle thru telephone line? Possible?

From: chan ka hei <khchan_at_ie.cuhk.hk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 1994 14:33:43 GMT

Hi netters,

    I have once posted a message about building a client/server Oracle database. Thanks to the persons who have replied.

    However, one key point is still remained as a question mark to me:

The Oracle 7.0 database server is located in building A. 4 PC terminals running SQL*Form (with GUI) is located in building B.

     Those terminals are not connected by any form of LAN.

How can the 4 terminals interface with the server through telephone lines? Any interface that can automatically route the SQL statement to building A and keep the GUI commands being handled locally?

Please elaborate the technical specification of the configuration required to achieved the goal above.

Thank you very very much. Looking forward to your professional idea!

Frank.

--
* Frank Chan. Information Engineering Department (alumnus)        *

* The Chinese University of HongKong *
* Email : khchan_at_eng.ie.cuhk.hk Phone: (852)640-0748 *