Re: problem in getting to report writer in pc version

From: Robert J. McCallister <rjmac_at_crl.com>
Date: 8 Jan 1994 13:00:31 -0800

Damoder Donur (donur_at_pilot.njin.net) wrote:
:*I install PC version oracle(6.0) in my PC(80386) with 8 meg RAM.
:*everything working fine except Report Writer.

:*When I tried to get in to Report Writer I am getting the
:*following error:

:*"unable to access the SQL*report writer V1.1 tables. They must
:*be installed in your account or you must be granted access to them
:*before using SQL Rep"

:*other SQL*Forms, SQL*Plus and SQL*Menu are working fine

:*thanks for your help,

:*DAmoder Donur
:* Unix Administrator

:*Email: donur_at_rs32h.atlantic.edu

Sounds as if you did not do the installation properly when you did the installation. Could also be when you created a new user you did something out of the ordinary, or could be that your pc does not have enough memory. Even though you have 8 meg on the pc how much is available to Oracle? Did you set the dynamic_memory parameter in the config.ora? ReportWriter is a real piggy when it comes to memory and resources it uses. I have a very complicated report that has 27 queries that goes against 35 tables and 8 views and on my 486DX33 that I have given Oracle 8 meg of the 20 meg to, it takes, well I go out for a cup of coffee when I have to generate the report, it takes and easy 2 to 3 minutes.

|  Robert J. McCallister    |                                     |
|  rjmac_at_crl.com            |        THIS SPACE AVAILABLE         |
|  RJM Software Engineering |                                     |
|                           |  Tilde: That little squiggly line.  |